Friday 19 November 2010

Storyboarding

Hello there,


A storyboard is a very important tool, helping direct the animaotrs and show them what to draw and how the story flows. We were given a task to create a storyboard, using a pre-written script. In reality, there would also be a character designer but we would have to create our own as part of the task.


I chose Ranger Rick’s Adventures Story by Gerry Bishop 
(N.B. Ranger Rick is a Racoon) 


EXT. DEEP GREEN WOOD 


Ranger Rick, Scarlett Fox, and Boomer Badger are hanging around in Deep Green Wood as dusk settles in, with SF sitting on a rock, RR leaning against a nearby tree with legs and arms crossed, and BB idly kicking a pine cone lying on the ground. It’s a warm summer evening, and they’re wondering what to do for fun. 


SF: I have an idea. Let’s go watch fireflies. I know a place where there are THOUSANDS of them! 


BB: Cool! I just LOVE to make firefly rings! 


Here are some early sketches to help work out what the characters are going to look like in my storyboard.

Ranger Rick


Here is my drawings of Ranger Rick. 


Here is one of the Photos I looked at to see what a raccoons face looked like. 


Scarlett Fox


This is my drawings of  Scarlett Fox. I don't think this is my best work for a character she is meant to be a fox but she looks more like a dog. I did a couple sketches but this was the best I could do. 


This is one of the photos I looked at for Scarlett.


Boomer Badger


This is Boomer the badger. I think this one is the best out the 3 myself. I think i got the likeness of a badger there.


This is one of the photo's I looked for my badger.

I will write a new post with my finished storyboards.

Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhY1jqlw4p8&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=CaptainMagma

    Rare commercial

    ReplyDelete